Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 4, Thing 8: RSS Feeds

This was so easy to set up!  Using the Blogline feed reader, I was up and running in less than a minute.  It is really nice to have a registration process that is not so detailed and takes less time to complete. Although a tutorial was recommended, I thought that the process for adding feeds was easily done through basic discovery.  However, I have struggled adding my feeds to my website.  I will need to play with this a little.

The advantage of having a one-stop-shop for blogs and news is evident.  This will be a great way to keep up on daily current events as well as book reviews for young adults and new techniques or technology to be used in the classroom.  I also really like the idea of being able to follow student blogs by subscribing to their feed, instead of having to visit each individual blog.  With all of the content out their, it is so important to have a a guide helping you find what you really want.  In a sense, RSS is able to do that by sending only what you subscribe to.

No comments: